How to apply LUTs to your projects using Adobe After Effects.
1. Make sure Effects & Presets panel is visible. If not, go to Window > Effects & Presets and click on it so a check mark appears.
2. In the Effects & Presets panel search for the term “LUT”
3. Drag and drop Apply Color LUT option onto your project.
4. In the dialog box select the LUT you’d like to apply.
5. A LUT is applied to your project.
Decreasing the strength/opacity of a 3D LUT in Adobe After Effects
1. Follow steps 1-4 in the document “How do I apply 3D LUTs in Adobe After Effects?” to apply a LUT to your footage.
2. In the Effect Control panel double click the Apply Color LUT option.
3. In your timeline panel, in the lower left corner, click the little arrow next to Compositing options.
4. Change the Effect Opacity
5. The strength/opacity of the LUT has been decreased.
Increasing the strength/opacity of a 3D LUT in Adobe After Effects
To increase the strength of a 3D LUT in Adobe After Effects you need to apply an additional 3D LUT to an adjustment layer
1. Start by creating a new adjustment layer.
Right click in the timeline panel, in the lower left corner and choose New > Adjustment Layer.
2. Drag and drop the Apply Color LUT option from the Effects & Presets window onto the adjustment layer and choose the appropriate LUT.
3. Adjust the opacity of the adjustment layer to your requirements.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 if you’d like a stronger effect.
5. The strength/opacity of the 3D LUT has been increased.